May 29, 2012 Leave a comment
Liking or not, CAML is still out there and in several cases we must use it.
This CAML designer makes the task of doing CAML less traumatic for people not very familiar with the syntax or to those like me who don’t really care a lot about spending time learning CAML.
The application can be downloaded at: http://sharepoint.biwug.be/CamlDesigner/CamlDesigner.zip
The tool was created using WPF so it has a fancy UI. Very cool! Even though it is still in Beta, it worked fine form me.
Some of advantages are:
- Options to connect using the regular API, Client Object Model and the Web Services.
- Authenticate as the current user or providing custom credentials.
- Nice UI with filters and view fields to generate the CAML for you.
- Code snippets with the query you’ve built.
- It also supports SharePoint 15 (this option I couldn’t test yet).
Code snippet from a CAML query: